I am a Soldier of Culture

Saturday 26 March 2011

Today's Round-up




“Jeff Koons Must Die!!!” is an 80’s style stand-up arcade cabinet loaded with a first-person shooter, by Hunter Jonakin, in which players can virtually destroy the work of artist Jeff Koons.
The game is set in a large museum during a Jeff Koons retrospective. The viewer is given a rocket launcher and the choice to destroy any of the work displayed in the gallery. If nothing is destroyed the player is allowed to look around for a couple of minutes and then the game ends. However, if one or more pieces are destroyed, an animated model of Jeff Koons walks out and chastises the viewer for annihilating his art. He then sends guards to kill the player. If the player survives this round then he or she is afforded the ability to enter a room where waves of curators, lawyers, assistants, and guards spawn until the player is dead. In the end, the game is unwinnable, and acts as a comment on the fine art studio system, museum culture, art and commerce, hierarchical power structures, and the destructive tendencies of gallery goers, to name a few.
And you thought goldeneye was shit-hot (correct). I might torrent this if poss.

    


White Caviar Hublot Watch. Would look great on me (duh), and even better on a nouveaux-riche black guy.




Rolex Pro-Hunter Matt Daytona MK3. Watch case and bracelet come in matt black, the dial in matt grey,   with only a few red accents distracting from the otherwise clean looks. There's only 100 of them. You know that I want/desire/yearn/pine/crave/lust/demand it.





      An insight to the man behind the famous 'Sartorialist' blog. Really well-shot video. Hell of a lyff.





A converted Georgian town-house in Manchester for an International Investment Company. I love this building. Old meets new, steel and wood. An establishment for a gentleman, such as myself. An International Investment company. What the fuck is that? Who are these vaguely-named yet evidently opulent companies? I want to be in International Investment and work in this building. Unfortunately, I have literally no idea how or where to go about this. I was definitely poorly advised as young man, as I should have been encouraged from the age of 3 to work for this company. I won't make the same mistake with the next generation,. If I have kids, sure, they'll have a burning resentment toward me for being an abusive alcoholic, but they will thank me for pushing them encouragingly yet violently into international investment.


1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha Looks like a kick ass game! That white watch will be mine. Oh yes, it WILL be mine.

    By the way Manchester is meant to be the 42nd best city to live in in the world. Ahead of 53rd London. I would like to check it out sometime. It is a sweet building!

    Much love,

    Jackson L.

    ReplyDelete