I am a Soldier of Culture

Sunday 13 March 2011

In the Beginning...

Right so my day was spent tired and hungover from a solid 4-5 days hard drinking. That is essentially the easiest, fun and most convenient way of ignoring all my university commitments. Thankfully, I had the sterile ambience and customer-barren environment of my workplace to recover in. Speaking of university commitments, I study English Literature and in a tutorial the other day the ardent feminist and tormentingly talkative professor had for her opening gambit, "When your all English teachers..."
Yes, a cretinous assumption from a woman who is built like a beluga whale and has a face like a poorly-constructed wall.

Its further confounded my lethargy toward the entire institution.

I read this oft quoted couplet by H.P. Lovecraft in Necronomicon:

"That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die".

Crazy geniuses like that should be celebrated more. It's made me appreciate the subject a little again.

I'm a fucking immense social observer. I mean I literally know what everyone in a room is feeling. If that was a job or a philosophy I'd be more respected than I already am. There was a cracking anecdote to prove this from last nights drunken misadventures, but if I have to fill the blog with stories from my life then it becomes more redundant and pointless than it already clearly is. As I have far too many, and most of them will negate my carefully crafted public image.

Right, that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment