I am a Soldier of Culture

Monday 21 March 2011

2day's round up



I love seeing urban spaces transformed into something a bit more creative. Why do things HAVE to be grey or a dull green? Why must it be straight? This simple adaptation of a single walkway turns something simple into something much more appealing.


From Tim and Fiona Slack (T&f Slack) in London. They are married and make shoes that are considered "modern classics". They are basically the trendy, in-fashion, stylish, more blissfully married version of Russel&Bromley.




2, Place d'Opera. A bank in Paris. I should have been a banker. Instead of a waster.




Damn I love Heineken. The best draught beer. And this superbowl advert proves I am right again. It's KAF (kool as fuck). Anyone who drinks Corona, likes Corona, or thinks Corona is a great beer are in my opinion, completely pathetic. Corona is so light I'd rather drink, and pay for, pure air. Just air in a bottle. Heineken drinkers would annihilate Corona drinkers in a war even if they were outnumbered 10 to 1. That would be a great videogame. I possess a really creative mind.


Converse has dubbed these leather All-Stars as "dress shoes for sneaker people". That is I. For years I have been stuck in the barren, void, no man's-land chasm of wanting to dress smartly with the versatility of a trainer.
Thanks Converse, for answering my many letters.


Nike Woven Chukka Freemotion 3HC Pack. They are woven. Yes, I like shoes.

My mate Joe will love this. Cos its a cap. And he wears caps. And it has Ireland on it. And he wears things with Ireland on it. Tiocfaidh ar la 1916, innit? Its from Hall of Fame's online store.


Mr. Bottlhead Toy, you paint him and put it together. Made by Japanese designer Jun Watanbe for Art Convenience Store. Strange this came from Japan, usually they are more straightforward than this.



Thanks to REG for some good links.

1 comment:

  1. That advert was indeed KAF!! Also, loving the shoes and trainers. I possess the worst clothes in the world.

    I also agree with the opinions about the buildings! Why DO they have to be depressing blocks of shite?!

    Much love,

    Jackson L.

    ReplyDelete