I am a Soldier of Culture

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Update Bitchez

So I have been late to update the blog largely because I have convinced myself I have no commitments to run from. Well, its time to placate the fanz and as you all know, I am a people-person.

Last Friday I was fortunate enough to meet Kevin Nash, aliases: Big Daddy Cool, Big Sexy, Diesel or a less successful character, Vinnie Vegas. He was a founding member of the NWO and the core of the Wolfpac. For those of you who have a burgeoning interest in now-defunkt wrestling companies (you most likely don't, congratulations), then this is a massive moment.


Left to Right: Jackie, Rundle, Big Sexy, Gdawg, T.

I'm sure your lives are richer for knowing that.

Everyone is going to see 'The Hangover 2' because people follow big-budget movies like they are the parents in the Power Rangers movie following Ooze off the edge of a cliff. It'll obviously be terrible and I hope not to be dragged into breaking my self-imposed cinema drought by going. I self-impose many restrictions on myself and consequently engage in obscure and pointless mental battles most days. Films, social etiquette, brands, food, women....Nothing is outwith my unique, oppressive sense of judgement.

Headed down to London with Jackie to see the man, the myth, the legend Jerry Seinfeld. I am actually bursting to be in the vicinity of this man like an 80's schoolgirl with Jason Donovan (REFERENCE!). The 'Seinfeld' show is clearly the greatest sitcom of all time and if you disagree then not only are you culturally misinformed but also an AIDS victim. Its influence has spread to almost every comedy ever since and Jerry Seinfeld turned down 10 million dollars and episode to return to stand up. Cannot wait to see him with my equally obsessed comrade, the famous Jackie Polo. Thanks for the ticket..!



Post-Seinfeld I will finally see @jacksonloganq and @zazazizi's pad and crash with them for a few days. I am equally bursting for some crazy times with my old amigos and @jacksonloganq is now an official G in London town and is going to show me the ropes and we will proceed to do what we do best.

BEEN WATCHING....Made in Chelsea. Spencer is boss, Francis is a badass waiting to happen, and Mark-Francis is me sans inhibitions. So far anyways. Many say its set-up, unrealistic and a cringeworthy indictment of British society. Which is true.

Game of Thrones has practically already cemented itself as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. But you get how I feel about Sean Bean.

Geordie Shore got off to a great start. The lads are great entertainment. The girls are geordie slags. Newcastle is like Glasgow but worse, which basically equates it to...




Speaking of which, Jersey Shore are filming in the old country, already heard some trouble emanating and look forward to it immensely. Speaking of which, I have drank solidly for ten days, and worked 5 of them. I have collected a few bizarre stories along the way. Need to curb the drinking and still plan to give it up for a year (A great example of a self-imposed battle).

I haven't GTL'd though and its deeply affected my confidence. Of course that is not true, but I still need to get my ass in the gym. No point in being born tanned and not using it. If your not rich, be hott....you know what 'philosopher' said that?

No comments:

Post a Comment